Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Raisin Toast hits the Dance Floor

*We were at Rats on a Saturday Night. There were about ten of us and I was really looking forward to dancing. The dancefloor was pretty packed, but we found a good corner with a bit of room. This song came on first: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkzHajYXbyE. And these were my thoughts (If you open the song in a different window when this sentence finishes, then the song will synchronise with Raisin-Toasts thoughts below!)*
___________________________________________________________________________

Woah, nice music. I haven't heard this song before. I'll look at Claire, get some eye contact going. Ok, no eye contact there. Maybe Sarah? no. DAMN I think Claire just looked at me, missed it. Ok here we go.

There's the beat! I'll just let loose. WOOOOOO!!!!... no, now there is too much eye contact. And now there is no eye contact. Why is everyone looking away. I hate it when people look around the room. Yeah that's right, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence... you bunch of pesimistic cows. Oh wait... Awesome! i've got a thing going with Tim. Heeeey Tim! I dont think this is weird... I mean I think this song is pretty man-to-man friendly: these lyrics are pretty impersonal... yeah, this is great, I'll probably get to know Tim better through this. I mean I barely know him, so the eye contact is surprising. Alright look away for a bit. Maybe Claire?... no. Sarah? no. Here comes the chorus, I'll just look at Tim again. Heeeeey Tim! *bops and points at Tim until the Chorus comes*.

Chorus: I think that the chorus just said "Tonight I'm lucky you!". That doesn't make sense, but I'll mime it anyway. Heeeyyy TIM! TONIGHT I"M LUCKY YOU!!. damn it, i've lost Tim too. Oh, no, it says "FUCKING you...". So Tim must have thought I was... Fuck thats fucked up, you fucking... fuck. Ok. fuck. Ok, damage control: Females! Females! No thats worse!! This is ridiculous anyway. I mean how many people actually come to these clubs, and then, on the spur of the moment, "fuck" people. Maybe five or six. But there isn't any need to normalise it for the other 500 of us. Fuck fuck fuck.

Ok, second verse, give me some respite. Just try to fit back in... no, you know what, just have fun. You're here to have fun. wait... "If I had a type"?... "I know you're ready"?... "If I never lied"?... "Here's the situation, Been to every nation?". Great, so i'm a dishonest slut who has been unfussily slutting all over the world... I'm NOT A SLUT! haha, actually you should mime that, nobody will notice, but it will be funny. Haha! oh my god, you totally did it. You're great.

Sarah? no.... Claire? no

I'm getting a drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment